WHO WE ARE
The Burlington Fine Arts Association (BFAA) is a group of men and women committed to growing together as an artistic community. At the Art Gallery of Burlington Art (AGB), we work alongside the five other Guilds of Arts Burlington. BFAA offers a range of informal and skill enhancing experiences, predominantly in the areas of painting, pastels, sketching, print-making, and collage.
We encourage originality, collegiality, and a breadth of outlook in our members. Many of us enter as beginners and via workshops, discussions, critiques, and exhibitions, we develop into serious amateurs or professional artists.
VALUING OUR HISTORY
Out of a passion for the fine arts, a group of Burlingtonians joined together in 1966 to establish BFAA and in 1975, our grassroots organization found a permanent home in the new BAC that its Members helped establish.
ENJOYING OUR INVOLVEMENTS
BFAA has a commitment to positive interactions. We are rooted in the belief that our members can support and spark each others’ artistic evolutions. We see our Guild as a source of meaning in our daily lives.
MEETING & LEARNING
We conduct General Meetings regularly from 7:30- 10 p.m. in AGB’s Rotary Room on the 3rd Tuesday from September through June. These get-togethers include time to socialize and network, to borrow materials from our library cart, to gain updates on Guild activities and members’ openings outside the AGB, and occasionally to buy used art books at low prices. Except for our Potlucks in June and December, renowned Artists speak for about an hour thereafter, demonstrating aspects of their work. The public is most welcome to attend.
|Open Studio||9:00 to 5:00||Every Wednesday|
|Life DrawingGroup||9:00 to noon||1st Wed each month|
|Sketch Group Portrait Plus||7 to 10 pm 9 am to noon||Every Mon, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wed each month|
|Printmakers and Collage Group||1 – 5 pm||Children’s Studio 3rd Mondays|
|Plein Air Group||9 an to 4 pm||Most Thursdays from late May to late Sept. Outdoor destinations and directions are circulated via newsletter or website every spring.|
Painting by Israel A Crooks – June 2017
SHOWING & SHARING
Membership in BFAA and AGB offers access to diverse other venues, including chances to exhibit and sell. Here are some occasions:
- Showing Sharing
- BFAA’s Art Appreciation Discussions, 2nd Weds,12:30 p.m.
- BFAA’s Fireside Shows, six months a year
- BFAA’s Juried Show, each November
- BFAA’s day-long Workshops, on demand
- BFAA’s Members’ Gallery, on our Website
- Jurors’ Critiques of Our Works
- Group Shows in donated exhibition space, e.g.Hall of Art at Feltmate et al.
- Bi-monthly BFAA’s 8-page Newsletter, Sept. through June
- AGB’s Art Auction, each February
- AGB’s Fine Art and Craft Festival, each June
- Arts Burlington’s Kaleidoscope Show & Sale, each Spring
- Arts Burlington’s November Christmas Sale (coincides with AGB’s Soup Bowl Event)
For more of a flavour of our Guild, check out BurlingtonFineArts.com.