Purpose and Objectives
- To encourage participation in the crafts of handweaving, spinning, and related techniques.
- To awaken public interest in and an appreciation of handweaving, spinning, and related techniques.
- To improve the skill and artistry of people practicing these crafts.
- To assist those practicing these crafts.
- To hold juried exhibitions and sales.
One evening every month (except in summer) we get together for a featured program, socializing, and business meeting. Throughout the year we hold workshops on topics of interest to fibre enthusiasts, and have study groups that explore chosen topics on an ongoing basis. We offer open studio time year round. Drop in to see what we’re working on!
We meet in the Textile Studio at the Art Gallery of Burlington. Visitors are always welcome.
- January through May: 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:15pm
- June: 1st Wednesday at 6:30pm
- July and August: No meetings
- September: 2nd Wednesday at 7:15pm
- October and November: 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:15pm
- December: 1st Wednesday at 6:30pm
Exhibitions and Sales
We take part in Arts Burlington and Art Gallery of Burlington events throughout the year, as well as hold a few of our own.
Facility and Equipment
The main room of the textile studio has 1,500 square feet full of weaving equipment for members to use and a floor-to-ceiling view into the AGB’s tropical green house. The studio space also includes a dye kitchen, a well-stocked library of books, magazines, and DVDs, and storage.
Individual: $40/year Why join?
Guild members must also be members of the Art Gallery of Burlington.
Get to know us at bhsguild.ca