Philosophy and Objectives
- To promote and develop Traditional Rug Hooking.
- To provide opportunities to exchange ideas and information.
- To encourage excellence of craftsmanship.
- To experiment with various techniques and materials.
- To promote traditional rug hooking within the community.
- To make connections with other rug hooking artists.
- To have fun!
The Guild has access to a spacious well-lit studio within the Art Gallery of Burlington. This studio is located on the second floor and is wheel chair accessible. The studio is equipped with a Kitchen; Dyeing facilities; library; cutters, materials, etc.
- General Meeting – First Tuesday of the month, September to June.
These meeting may also include a guest speaker, slide show,
demonstrations or an exchange of ideas.
- Guild afternoons – Each Thursday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Guild evenings – Each Tuesday from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Executive meetings – Third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm.
Membership Fee (2015)
- Individual ……………………. $25 per year
Guild members must also be members of the Art Gallery of Burlington
For all membership inquiries contact Sue Waddington – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guild is a branch of the Ontario Hooking Craft Guild (OHCG). Membership in the OHCG is open to all interested in traditional rug hooking. OHCG holds an Annual Meeting each spring in various cities throughout Ontario.
Click here to link to OHCG .
Copyright Burlington Rug Hooking Guild